Weird internet issue, but only when running games

Badgeronpc

It has to be the card, just opened a game with event viewer open and as soon as i did i got 4 criticals all around the card malfunctioning

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It has to be the card, just opened a game with event viewer open and as soon as i did i got 4 criticals all around the card malfunctioning
And the USB is properly attached from the card to the motherboard?
Theoretically that only supplies the power for the bluetooth part of the card, the wifi part is supplied by the PCIe lane, but I wonder if it wasn't properly inserted if perhaps it's trying to draw too much from the PCIe lane causing low power for the wifi.

Badgeronpc

And the USB is properly attached from the card to the motherboard?
Theoretically that only supplies the power for the bluetooth part of the card, the wifi part is supplied by the PCIe lane, but I wonder if it wasn't properly inserted if perhaps it's trying to draw too much from the PCIe lane causing low power for the wifi.
all the connections seem solid, although there isnt one id say looks like usb? assuming its just a regular usb connection
=

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Except that you said here that the card worked fine connected via WiFi to your phone...
Although just as i was writing in to PCS i had a thought... it works fine if i connect it to my mobile network, It is only my house wifi that it has this issue, and even then, it will connect to that network fine with ethernet. The whole thing doesnt make sense.
Is that what you meant? That the PC connects via WiFi via your phone perfectly? If that's true then it's not the card.

Has anyone ever made any changes to the wireless router setup?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
all the connections seem solid, although there isnt one id say looks like usb? assuming its just a regular usb connection
=
Normal USB motherboard connection, there is only one cable to the motherboard, just trace that and make sure it's properly inserted, perhaps try it in another USB header

main-qimg-cc37c8ef5eec3c2b8cea1403b6b39692-pjlq.jpg

1715677673596.png

Badgeronpc

Except that you said here that the card worked fine connected via WiFi to your phone...

Is that what you meant? That the PC connects via WiFi via your phone perfectly? If that's true then it's not the card.

Has anyone ever made any changes to the wireless router setup?
These are the errors i got the second my game loaded
5007 "TX/CMD timeout (tfdqueue hanged)"
5005 "(wifi card): has encountered an internal error and has failed."
5002 "(wifi card): Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly"
5005 same as before.

No the router is completely untouched since it was installed, and nobody has messed with its settings as i am the only person with access to it.
Normal USB motherboard connection, there is only one cable to the motherboard, just trace that and make sure it's properly inserted, perhaps try it in another USB header
Right, yes, that was attached just fine

I have been given an RMA

Badgeronpc

They certainly look like the card is a fault.
The Support person agreed, I have my RMA now and the card is removed from my system. It only bit me twice. For some reason the builder had excess cable and had routed that down to the main cable bus and then back up to the mobo again so I was terrified I'd have to mess with he PSU, but no, all sorted